Suman Rao was crowned fbb Colors Femina Miss India World 2019
Bengaluru/Mumbai 15th June 2019:
It was a night of glitz and glamour, energetic performances and a nail-biting finish as the winners offbb Colors Femina Miss India 2019 co-powered by Sephora & Rajnigandha Pearls were announced in a star-studded ceremony at the Dome, NSCI.
With Six Miss Worlds who have made India proud by marking their presence on the global map- Reita Faria (1966), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (1994), Diana Hayden (1997), Yukta Mookhey (1999),Priyanka Chopra (2000) and more recently Manushi Chhillar Miss World (2017), who brought the coveted crown back home after 17 years – we now look forward to the next fbb Colors Femina Miss India World 2019 to bring the prestigious Blue Crown back to the country.
This time too, the pageant conducted a nationwide hunt in all the 30 states (including the Capital, Delhi). The Top 3 contestants from every state won a Golden Ticket to the State’s Zonal crowning ceremony which was held in Bangalore (South Zone) Delhi (North Zone), Pune (West Zone) and Kolkata (East Zone) of which one of the three was crowned as the respective State Winner.
Thereafter, these 30 state winners underwent rigorous trainings from the best in the industry
from various walks of life for a duration of 40 days as they geared up before the Grand Finale.
The gorgeous Neha Dhupia mentored the girls from East and West Zone and Dia Mirza was in charge of the North and South Zone.
Commenting on the same, Dia Mirza said “Miss India created a paradigm shift in my life and I hope the same for these girls too. The legacy of Miss India is extra ordinary, I will give my best from my end to girls to achieve their dreams and discover themselves. I’m sure Miss India will be a turning point to all the contestants”
Commenting on the same, Neha Dhupia said “I started my journey with Miss India and since then it has been a never-ending relationship with the pageant. Every year I see a fresh lot of ambitious and enthusiastic girls with the dream to win the Miss India and make India proud at the prestigious Miss world.”
The event began with 30 State Winners showcasing their State’s traditional dance forms wearing textile brand Raw Mango designed by Sanjay Garg, that drew inspiration from the colours, philosophies and cultures of the different regions of India followed by the fbb round of jewel toned collection with monochromatic embellishments with a smattering of shine and geometric fringes varying from ruby reds to sapphire blues coined by ace designer duo Pankaj & Nidhi.
The evening concluded with ‘Au Revoir Phool Mahal’, collection of Falguni Shane Peacock that derived inspiration from the culturally rich Phool Mahal division of the great Bundi Mahal in Rajasthan which consists of signature melange between high-octane modern glamour and the traditional flavour and grandiose of the palace. The finalists looked exquisite in gold & diamond jewellery from our jewellery partner Senco Gold & Diamonds.
The star-studded evening witnessed enjoyable and enthralling performances by Katrina Kaif, Vicky Kaushal, Norah Fatehi and Mouni Roy who left the audience spellbound.
The show was hosted by none other than inimitable duo host Karan Johar and Manish Paul along with the scintillating Manushi Chhillar Miss World 2017 who too co-hosted one of the segments.
The illustrious panel of judges for the evening included the following: –
● Falguni Shane Peacock – Falguni and Shane peacock are proclaimed luxury couture designers, who are renowned for creating eccentric contrasts on the ramp. The husband wife duo is accredited for taking Indian fashion to Hollywood circuits, with their glamorous and spectacular designs. They are famous for creating fantasy themed dreamy and dramatic designs that makes a rock star like statement.
● Vanessa Ponca de leon – Miss World 2018 from Mexico. A 26 yrs old and first Mexican to win Miss World title. She pursued a degree in international business and is currently on the board of directors of a rehab center for girls and volunteers for Migrants en el Camino. She is also a speaker for the National Youth Institute, she is also a model and a presenter. She loves adventures like scuba diving, loves playing Volley ball, painting and ultimate Frisbee.
● Huma Qureshi– Indian model and Actress Qureshi made her film debut with a supporting role in the two-part crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur (2012). Her performance in the film earned her several nominations, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and the Best Supporting Actress. That same year, she played the lead female role in the romance Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana. Qureshi’s first release of 2017 was the courtroom comedy drama Jolly LLB 2, where she appeared alongside Akshay Kumar. A sequel to the 2013 film Jolly LLB, the film received mixed reviews from critics and was a box office success.
● Chitrangada Singh – Indian Film actress and Model. Chitrangada began her career as a model before making the transition to the silver screen. After completing her college education, she began modelling with brands like ICICI bank and Alukkas Jewellery among others. She started her film career with films like Yeh saali Zingagi and Hazarron Khwaishein Aisi and her latest appearance was with Saif Ali Khan in Bazaar movie.
● Remo D’souza – An Indian dancer, choreographer, actor and film director. His first movie as a director, Faltu, was a moderate success at the box office. He made India’s first 3D dance movie, ABCD – anybody can dancewith contestant’s season 1 and season 2. His next directorial venture, ABCD 2, was released in June 2015. It starred Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, and Prabhu Deva in lead roles. He one of the most loved directors by the Indian audience
● Dutee Chand – s an Indian professional sprinter and current national champion in the women’s 100 metres event. She is the third Indian woman to ever qualify for the Women’s 100 metres event at the Summer Olympic Games. However, in the 2016 Summer Olympics her 11.69s in the preliminary round did not make her qualify to the next round. In 2018 Chand clinched silver in women’s 100m at the Jakarta Asian Games. It was India’s first medal in this event since 1998.
● Aayush Sharma – A well-known Bollywood actor and Did is acting debut in 2018 with loveyatri
● Sunil Chhetri – an Indian professional footballer who plays as a striker or winger and captains both the Indian Super League side Bengaluru FC and the Indian national team. Popularly known as Captain Fantastic, having scored the 2nd highest number of goals in international matches among active players after Cristiano Ronaldo he is both the most-capped playerand all-time top goal scorer for the Indian national team, with 68 goals in 108 appearances. He is the former captain of the national team. Sunil Chhetri was named an ‘Asian Icon’ by AFC on his 34th birthday.
The show concluded with Rajasthan’s Suman Rao crowned as fbb Colors Femina Miss India World 2019. While Chhattisgarh’s Shivani Jadhav crowned as fbb Colors Femina Miss Grand India 2019,Bihar’s Shreya Shanker was crowned as fbb Colors Femina Miss India United Continents 2019. Telangana’s Sanjana Vij was sashed as bb Colors Femina Miss India Runner-Up 2019